Pages

Friday, May 22, 2009

It all hurts

So it all hurts, my leg, my ankle, my back. As one reaches the heady heights of fifty, those little knocks that you hardly noticed as a 19 year old, well they now seem to last for days - weeks - probably the rest of my life! Although my girls are 5 and twins of nearly 3, they are all capable of causing me large amounts of pain as they use me for climbing practice.
There is an upside, I sleep less so the general disturbances of nightmares and the final big molars breaking through don't impact on my life as much as a younger person. And why is it that all the sub 30 year olds have taken days off this week to sleep? My goodness we worked one weekend day until about 11pm and they are all wrecked for the week. I still get in earlier, leave later and look awake all day, I wish the same could be said of them. Plus I have a 2 hour commute at the beginning and end of every day.
Note to self only employ people over the age of 45 from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SO...

I am 50, it was my birthday on May 7th 2009 and I have reached that milestone. Now what? Is it 50 and beyond or is it 50 and beyond me? I guess the latter because...

I have more drive at 50 than most of the 20 year olds who work for me.

I know more about computers than anyone in my office yet they all treat me like I listen to a wireless and don't know an wii from a wee or a twit from a tweet.

I also seem to have a capacity for detail over and above almost anyone under 35. This makes me think they are a pain in the arse and makes them think I am an old fart. The fact is they don't seem to care, I do and I am, of course, right.